We will learn how to recreate a cloning effect used in the video campaign "Echo" by DVS , a famous brand shoes. We will see how to obtain results close to the renderings of DVS, without any rotoscoping to perform, in minutes.
Of course for optimum results, a rotoscoping pass will be mostly needed in a second time, but the goal here is to make the heavy lifting in a fast and simple way.
- Isolation and creation of a background reference in case the actors aren't out of scope.
- Discover and use of the Difference Matte effect.
- Cleaning of masks with the Luma Key effect and the Matte Chocker.
- Time shifting of our different layers to achieve the cloning effect.
- Fast color correction with curves and color balance to change the overall atmosphere.