In this new free video tutorial on After Effects, we will look at the animation of vector shapes to create and give life to our own flying droplets (or tears), also known as Flying Drop.
No plugins or effect will be used. We will only use the pen tool to create our forms, and keyframes to animate our drops.
Back to Basics for this simple tutorial, which is close to traditional 2D animation, widely used in the world of motion design.
- Familiarization with different tools related to creating vector shapes (pen, conversion points, ...)
- Creation of "drops" with just two points for a simple and precise control over the animation
- Animation of the drops for a fluid movement along a defined path
- Transformation of a text layer to a shape layer
- Tips to duplicate and vary drops with very few different animations