In this new video tutorial on After Effects, we will take a look at compositing and visual effects, on a Skateboard video.
We will see how to create from scratch, a fire simulation using the particle system Trapcode Particular . We will also do some rotoscoping and color grading, (based on feeling rather than on the spectrogram).
- Creating custom flames from simple shape layers
- Implementation of the different particles layers : flames, sparks, smoke
- Rotoscoping on the original video to mask some of the particles, and control the light impact on the Skater.
- Color grading to give more importance to fire and the light emitted by the flames.
- Compositing of various elements, creation of ground reflections and light interactions on the wall.
You've probably noticed, I don't record often tutorial based on vfx. But if you like it, there will be others!
Hello. Love the tutorial, but AE continually crashes while scrubbing through the timeline after creating the flame. I was getting an AE_OpenGL.plugin error message so I moved it out of the Extensions folder. I'm a newbie so I'm not sure about video cards.
Thanks so much for any help!
Hello, if you have an OpenGL error, maybe try to deactivate the OpenGL interactive preview in the viewport, here : http://share.mattrunks.com/Hmv8