In this new video tutorial on After Effects, we will look at Trapcode Form 2 , to generate an animatable 3D grid containing your images.
We get a doubling effect of content, starting from an image duplicating itself in tens, then hundreds, all dynamically.
This project is designed to work only with images. It is not possible to work with videos with this simple technique, as explained throughout the tutorial.
- Discovering Trapcode Form 2 and its basic principle, based on grids
- Use pseudo-elements to reduce the render time and work smoothly
- Animate a duplication of images on three axes, dynamically
- Walk around in our 3D space, filled with hundreds of images
- Understand how to replace a particular image in order to keep control
- Adjust the lights and the depth of field to enhance the 3D appearance
it's great !
Another great tutorial! Thanks! I just thought I would mention that it's possible to do batch renaming in Adobe Bridge, which most viewers might already have. Just highlight all the images you want to rename in bridge, then from the file menu choose Tools > Batch rename... from there you have lots of options on how to rename the files, including a number sequence.
Hi there. Thanks for this great tutorial. How would one go about making the images show up in the 3D grid randomly rather than organized in rows and columns on the X, Y, and Z axis?